Board of Governors.
As of 6th June 2016 The Bay CE Primary School and Niton Primary School formally federated as two schools.
Both schools will continue to operate as they always have, keeping their individual identities and ethos; the only change currently being the structure of the Governing Board. No longer will there a Governing Board for both schools, now there will be one overarching Governing Board that oversees both schools.
The new Federated Governing Board will consist of 18 governors, made up of: 4 Foundation Governors, 2 Parent Governors, 1 Staff Governor, 1 Local Authority Governor, 1 Executive Headteacher and 9 Co – opted Governors. All of the governors bring with them a variety of skills and experience that will enable the Federated Governing Board to undertake its responsibility of ‘holding both schools in their accountability to all stakeholders.’
About our school Governors.
Governors are strategic leaders within schools and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. Good schools need good governors.
Governing bodies have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and direction.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of the staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
As a governor, you will be expected to:
- Attend governing body meetings.
- Prior to meetings read all relevant paperwork and prepare any questions.
- Visits into school.
- Support with special projects.
- Support with staff recruitment.
- Reviewing policies and the school’s budget.
- Have a commitment and interest in our children’s future and improving educational outcomes.
- Have the ability to assimilate information, make judgments and take decisions.
- Have good inter-personal skills and the ability to work as a team.
- Parent Governors – elected by other parents; they have a child in the school.
- Staff Governors – elected by other members of Staff.
- Local Authority (LA) Governors – recommended by the LA.
- Co-opted Governors – chosen by the existing Governing Board.
The strength of a governing board lies in its ability to attract and rely upon members from a wide variety of backgrounds, share out the duties amongst its members, and be able to take decisions as a group. Your governing body will have an induction process for new governors. There is also plenty of training available locally covering all aspects of governance. Being a school governor can be a very rewarding role.
All Governors serve a term of office of up to four years. The start date can be at any time in the academic year.
Our Current Governing Board.
Questions to the Governing Board should be made through the office email address:
All our Governors have voting rights on all our committees.
Previous serving Governors.
Alan Limb June 2016 – March 2018
Natasha Dix June 2016 – March 2018
Steve Winter 06/06/2016 – 12/09/2016
Liz Whishaw. June 2014 – Sept 2016.
Tammy Vincent. June 2012 – Oct 2016.
David Martin. Nov 2015 – Dec 2016.
Jon Bartholomew. June 2014 – Sept 2016.
Minutes of Governor Meetings.
Full Governor Board Meetings
10th July 2018
22nd May 2018
27th March 2018
27th February 2018
Standards, Provision and Partnership Meetings
12th June 2018
6th March 2018
Leadership and Management Meetings.
26th June 2018
20th March 2018
Please click here to view the Governors Allowances.