Through Science in our school we aim to:
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes to science.
- Deliver the National Curriculum Science orders in ways that are imaginative, purposeful, well controlled and enjoyable, bearing in mind that the new curriculum will lead to further policy changes.
- Help in developing and extending the children’s scientific concept of their world and encouraging them to ask deeper questions about the world around them.
- Deliver clear and accurate teacher explanations and skilful questioning. Providing guidance but at the same time allowing children the freedom to explore as independently as possible.
- Make strong, purposeful links between science and other subjects. Using ICT in a meaningful way to extend their learning (Data Loggers, video, photography, microscopes and telescopes).
- Develop the use of scientific language, recording and techniques.
- Enable children to become effective communicators of scientific ideas, facts and data whilst becoming experts at analysing the data they collect.
- Develop the following skills of investigation – observation, measuring, predicting, hypothesising, experimenting, communicating and interpreting.